charm - [charm] Using Charm++ and OffloadAPI

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

[charm] Using Charm++ and OffloadAPI

  • From: Tilo Eissler <eissler AT in.tum.de>
  • To: charm AT cs.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: [charm] Using Charm++ and OffloadAPI
  • Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2007 17:00:24 +0100

Hallo!

I'm currently writing a thesis on parallel programming concepts on the Cell BE and I'm interessted in trying out Charm++ and the OffloadAPI. I've downloaded the latest nightly build. While trying to build Charm++ for the Cell processor, some questions occured:

First, the OffloadAPI is available only in the nightly build at the moment, right? Will there be a Charm release containing the OffloadAPI in the near future?

Second I would like to know if I need native Cell hardware to use the OffloadAPI or if it is possible to use it with the Cell simulator provided by IBM?

Third, is there somewhere a tutorial available how to build Charm++ for the Cell processor?
I've tried "./build charm++ net-linux-cell" but I got an error:
gmake[2]: Entering directory `/tmp/charm/net-linux-cell/tmp'
../bin/charmc -c -I. convcore.c
convcore.c:2454:45: error: macro "InitOffloadAPI" passed 3 arguments, but takes just 1
Fatal Error by charmc in directory /tmp/charm/net-linux-cell/tmp

Thank you for your efforts!

Best regards

Tilo

  • [charm] Using Charm++ and OffloadAPI, Tilo Eissler, 01/03/2007