charm - [charm] Hang when using BigSim Emulator

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

[charm] Hang when using BigSim Emulator

  • From: "Dustyn Blasig" <dustynblasig AT gmail.com>
  • To: charm AT cs.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: [charm] Hang when using BigSim Emulator
  • Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 21:30:56 -0500

Hello Charm Users,

I'm currently trying to use the BigSim emulator to emulate ChaNGa running on
thousands of processors using only 128 ~ 512 processors. The emulation runs
fine if the number of emulated targets (as specified with +x +y +z) ends up
being less than or equal to the number of actual processors I have available
to run the emulation. If I try to emulate more processors than I actually
have, the emulation deadlocks (I even get a warning of 'Deadlock Detected'
from the system). Does anyone have any suggestions as to figuring out what's
going on?

Thanks, Dustyn

  • [charm] Hang when using BigSim Emulator, Dustyn Blasig, 05/02/2007