charm - [charm] converse discussion

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

[charm] converse discussion

  • From: "Naresh_Hanumanthakari" <Naresh_Hanumanthakari AT satyam.com>
  • To: <charm AT cs.uiuc.edu>
  • Subject: [charm] converse discussion
  • Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 12:23:44 +0530

hello,

Kindly help for the followings:

1. We have already gone through the client.C and server.C in
charm/examples/converse/ccstest. The client is also implemented in converse.
What i want is the client written in any language other than
converse. We might not have CcsConnect, CcsSendRequest and CcsRecvResponse
in the client side. Still the client should be able to communicate to
the server properly.

2. In the server we can have statements like

char *DataRecvd;
DataRecvd=msg+CmiMsgHeaderSizeBytes;

After this DataRecvd contains the data sent from the client side.

Could you explain this phenomenon from storage point of view, i.e
where the message sent from client is placed. What is i want to know is the
working of "msg".

DISCLAIMER:
the sender by email and delete all copies; your cooperation in this regard is
appreciated.