charm - [charm] Building charm-5.9 with MX support

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

[charm] Building charm-5.9 with MX support

  • From: Warner Yuen <wyuen AT apple.com>
  • To: charm AT cs.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: [charm] Building charm-5.9 with MX support
  • Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 22:40:12 -0700

Hi All:

I'm trying to build charm++ with Myrinet-MX support. When I build charm++ with Myrinet MX, (not using MPI), things seem to run but do not seem to use the Myrinet fabric. If I turn off the Myrinet fabric drivers mid-run, the charm and NAMD tests still work. Do I need to build with MPICH-MX? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

I am using Mac OS X on Intel with Myrinet-MX 10G. I'm just building the following:

./build charm++ net-darwin-x86 mx

Here is my conv-mach-mx.sh file:

#default mx dir
#guess where the myriexpress.h is installed
if test -z "$CMK_INCDIR"
then
if test -f /opt/mx10g/include/myriexpress.h
then
CMK_INCDIR="-I/opt/mx10g/include"
CMK_LIBDIR="-L/opt/mx10g/lib"
elif test -f /opt/mx10g/include/myriexpress.h
then
CMK_INCDIR="-I/opt/mx10g/include"
CMK_LIBDIR="-L/opt/mx10g/lib"
else
echo
echo "Please specify path to mx installation in conv-mach-mx.sh!"
echo
exit 1
fi
fi

CMK_LIBS="$CMK_LIBS -lmyriexpress"

Warner Yuen
Scientific Computing Consultant
Apple Computer
email:
wyuen AT apple.com
Tel: 408.718.2859
Fax: 408.715.0133

  • [charm] Building charm-5.9 with MX support, Warner Yuen, 08/16/2007