charm - [charm] Add more CPUs at runtime?

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

[charm] Add more CPUs at runtime?

  • From: Ole Weidner <oweidner AT cct.lsu.edu>
  • To: charm AT cs.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: [charm] Add more CPUs at runtime?
  • Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 12:45:35 -0500

I'm new to Charm++ and I'm working my way to the tutorials right now. I'm planing to use Charm++ to implement a prototype application with dynamic and hard to predict runtime characteristics and use it to gain a better understanding on how to effectively deal with this difficult class of applications in a distributed environment. Charm++'s dynamic load balancing is certainly a neat feature to cope with this but I'm particularly interested if it is possible to assign additional resources (CPUs) to and application at runtime. If so, how would one implement that and do you know about any applications that make use of it?

Cheers,
Ole

  • [charm] Add more CPUs at runtime?, Ole Weidner, 04/17/2008