charm - Re: [charm] charm++ installation windows

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

Re: [charm] charm++ installation windows

  • From: "Sangamesh B" <forum.san AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Gengbin Zheng" <gzheng AT uiuc.edu>
  • Cc: Charm++ M L <ppl AT cs.uiuc.edu>, Charm ML <charm AT cs.uiuc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [charm] charm++ installation windows
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 17:20:42 +0530

Hi Gengbin,

Since CYGWIN is a 3rd party tool, we've come out of it. Now using only
SUA.

The charm++ distribution contains two build files for windows:

net-cygwin (gcc)
net-win64 (VC++)

If used SUA, both are not helpful, as the build files contain "cygpath".

In SUA, we use "cc" as a C/C++ compiler. "cc" is a clever shell script which
uses internally VC++ and handles the INCLUDE and LIBRARY paths.

So the paths used in net-win64, produce error on SUA,

So if you can send build file for SUA or else advise the required changes to
be made for the build file?

Thanks,
Sangamesh

On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 8:06 PM, Gengbin Zheng
<gzheng AT uiuc.edu>