charm - Re: [charm] Build file for msmpi-cygwin?

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

Re: [charm] Build file for msmpi-cygwin?

  • From: Gengbin Zheng <gzheng AT uiuc.edu>
  • To: Sangamesh B <forum.san AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: Charm++ M L <ppl AT cs.uiuc.edu>, Charm ML <charm AT cs.uiuc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [charm] Build file for msmpi-cygwin?
  • Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2008 11:52:31 -0500

Sangamesh B wrote:
Hello
I want to build NAMD using the MS MPI in the cygwin environment, for which I think I need a directory of the type "msmpi-cygwin" which in not provided with the charm package.If i need to create the files for such an architecture, what all I need to do.
Any help will be appreciated.
Thank you,
Abhijeet & Sangamesh

Yes, you need to create a directory called "mpi-cygwin" (name it mpi- is important), and write conv-mach.h and conv-mach.sh configure files for it. See under mpi-linux for an example.
If you decide back to cygwin, have you had any success with net-cygwin/mingw?

Gengbin