charm - Re: [charm] build charm++ on AMD Barcelona chip

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

Re: [charm] build charm++ on AMD Barcelona chip

  • From: Vlad Cojocaru <Vlad.Cojocaru AT eml-r.villa-bosch.de>
  • To: charm AT cs.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: Re: [charm] build charm++ on AMD Barcelona chip
  • Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2008 10:31:02 +0200

Dear all,

I think I found the source of the two strange commands (well, at least one) that are executed by the build script (the ones I reported earlier).
So, the only phrase in the whole charm-6.0 tree that could lead to the "cat pup_f.f90.sh >pup_f.f90" command appearing in my build.log file I located in the configure script line 3240 (cat confcache >$cache_file ). This is the only place where such a cat syntax is found.

Now, it looks to me as there is a problem in the way the shell is trying to interpret the configure script on this machine. The shell version on the machine is bash-3.00.15 . As I said before this problem does not appear on the other opteron machine which has bash 3.1.15 on it.

I am not sure if I am right here ... I'm just guessing ...

Having said this I still did not fix the problem so if this info helps some of you to realize how to fix it I'd be happy to hear a solution..

Best wishes
vlad

Dr. Vlad Cojocaru

EML Research gGmbH
Schloss-Wolfsbrunnenweg 33
69118 Heidelberg

Tel: ++49-6221-533266
Fax: ++49-6221-533298

e-mail:Vlad.Cojocaru[at]eml-r.villa-bosch.de

http://projects.villa-bosch.de/mcm/people/cojocaru/

EML Research gGmbH
Amtgericht Mannheim / HRB 337446
Managing Partner: Dr. h.c. Klaus Tschira
Scientific and Managing Director: Prof. Dr.-Ing. Andreas Reuter
http://www.eml-r.org

  • Re: [charm] build charm++ on AMD Barcelona chip, Vlad Cojocaru, 08/01/2008