charm - Re: [charm] Charm Installation

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

Re: [charm] Charm Installation

  • From: Eric Bohm <ebohm AT illinois.edu>
  • To: Eduardo Rocha <erocha.ssa AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: charm AT cs.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: Re: [charm] Charm Installation
  • Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 20:22:51 -0500

At PPL we currently use Ubuntu 8.04.1.
kernel 2.6.24-19

libc-2.7

But charm works with just about every previous version of linux and libc. Could you describe your fortran situation in more detail?

Typically this is solved by specifying your preferred fortran compiler on the charm build line.

ala

./build charm++ net-linux-x86_64 gfortran -j2 -O3

for a 64bit udp machine with gfortran installed using gcc.

Eduardo Rocha wrote:
Hi,

I had problems installing the Charm with support to Fortran.

I think this is related to the Linux distribution or maybe my libc.
Can anyone tell me in which linux kernel and libc version charm
certainly works? Is there a Linux distribution in which Charm works
out-of-box?

Best regards,

Eduardo