charm - Re: [charm] Mapping Scheme

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

Re: [charm] Mapping Scheme

  • From: Gengbin Zheng <gzheng AT illinois.edu>
  • To: Blesson Varghese <b.varghese AT student.reading.ac.uk>
  • Cc: charm AT cs.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: Re: [charm] Mapping Scheme
  • Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 11:08:59 -0600

the following section describe how to write a map object:

http://charm.cs.uiuc.edu/manuals/html/charm++/3_8.html#SECTION00038400000000000000

When you have defined your own mapping, you need to publish the new mapping in charm runtime. Look at the function:

TCHARM_Build_threads()

in charm/src/libs/ck-libs/tcharm, where it parses "mapping" command line option to create the corresponding mapping object.

Gengbin

Blesson Varghese wrote:
Hi,

I am just referring to the AMPI Manual Version 1.0, Page 15 regarding
Mapping Schemes. I would like to define my own mapping scheme of virtual
processors to physical processors as a run time option.

Would you please advise on how it could be done?

Many thanks and best regards,

Blesson.