charm - [charm] AMPI and ScaLAPACK

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

[charm] AMPI and ScaLAPACK

  • From: Loriano Storchi <redo AT thch.unipg.it>
  • To: charm AT cs.illinois.edu
  • Subject: [charm] AMPI and ScaLAPACK
  • Date: Sat, 6 Feb 2010 16:55:17 +0100 (CET)

Hi All,
I have compiled ScaLAPACK, and related libraries, using AMPI. After doing that, I have tried to compile and run two basic programs. The first one was a simple matrix matrix multiplication (using pdgemm), and it worked quite well. The second program was a diagonalization (using pzhegvx),
and in this case instead, when I tried to diagonalize bigger matrices, the
program suddenly stopped without any specific error (Note: the same code
worked OK when using "standard" MPI instead of AMPI).
Now: before posting additional details about this issue, I would like to know if any of you already tried to compile and use ScaLAPACK with AMPI. And in this case, if anyone encountered this specific problem or similar issues.

thanks in advance
Loriano Storchi