charm - [charm] cuould -DCMK_OPTIMIZE be --without-trace ?

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

[charm] cuould -DCMK_OPTIMIZE be --without-trace ?

  • From: Jim Phillips <jim AT ks.uiuc.edu>
  • To: charm AT cs.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: [charm] cuould -DCMK_OPTIMIZE be --without-trace ?
  • Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2010 14:15:41 -0600 (CST)

i,

In order to build an "optimized" Charm++ application, I need to specify -DCMK_OPTIMIZE on both the build command line and (I assume) in the application compilation options. Is there a reason the build script couldn't just add it to conv-mach-opt.h where it would automatically get picked up by any application compiling against that build? That seems to be what happens when building Tau.

Thanks.

-Jim