charm - Re: [charm] charm++, PS3s and i386

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

Re: [charm] charm++, PS3s and i386

  • From: "Fitzgerald, Dennis - IS" <Dennis.Fitzgerald AT itt.com>
  • To: "charm AT cs.uiuc.edu" <charm AT cs.uiuc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [charm] charm++, PS3s and i386
  • Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 13:36:28 -0500
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US

I have a network with some PS3s and i386 machines. I've compiled the charm++
hello/group
program on both of these and using charmrun with nodelists, I can start PS3s
for another PS3,
i386s form another 386, and 386s from a PS3. However, If I try to start PS3s
from a 386
machine, it hangs. The nodelist is setup to point to the correct executable
for each machine type,
and if I use ++verbose to see what charmrun is doing, the command lines seem
to look good.
Do you know if this should work?

Thanks,

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may be proprietary and are
addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the sender.
Please note that any views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely
those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of ITT
Corporation. The recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for
the presence of viruses. ITT accepts no liability for any damage caused by
any virus transmitted by this e-mail.