charm - [charm] [Charm++] chare identification in load balancing

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

[charm] [Charm++] chare identification in load balancing

  • From: "Andrey Talnikov" <a.v.talnikov AT gmail.com>
  • To: "charm AT cs.uiuc.edu" <charm AT cs.uiuc.edu>
  • Subject: [charm] [Charm++] chare identification in load balancing
  • Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 22:38:10 +0800

Dear Sir or Madam,

While using Charm++, I have faced an issue, which I want to clarify.

I am implementing own load balancer and want to identify chares from
work() function to get some specific information about each one. Is
there any way to get a CkChareID from balancer database (LDStats, if
I am not mistaken)? Maybe it is possible to attach a user-data to
the database object's info?

Yours faithfully,
Andrey Talnikov