charm - Re: [charm] [Charm++] chare identification in load balancing

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

Re: [charm] [Charm++] chare identification in load balancing

  • From: Gengbin Zheng <zhenggb AT gmail.com>
  • To: Andrey Talnikov <a.v.talnikov AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: "charm AT cs.uiuc.edu" <charm AT cs.uiuc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [charm] [Charm++] chare identification in load balancing
  • Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 10:52:01 -0500

The load balancing strategy function is called on PE 0, so attaching
user data on each processor does not help since they won't be
transferred to the processor 0 which does the load balancing.

I assume you are writing a charm++ program using chare arrays?
The way charm++ maps chare array to load balancer ID is defined in
function idx2LDObjid() in file cklocation.C.
For 1,2 and 3 dimensional arrays, you can easily map objID in load
balancer back to its array index. The array manager group ID is the
same as LB OM (object manager).

Gengbin

On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 9:38 AM, Andrey Talnikov
<a.v.talnikov AT gmail.com>