charm - Re: [charm] please help me - question about installation

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

Re: [charm] please help me - question about installation

  • From: Phil Miller <mille121 AT illinois.edu>
  • To: tetyana orynchak <tetyana1234 AT yahoo.com>
  • Cc: charm AT cs.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: Re: [charm] please help me - question about installation
  • Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 01:02:25 -0500

On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 15:02, tetyana orynchak
<tetyana1234 AT yahoo.com>
wrote:
> [Tanya@localhost
> NAMD]$ g++ --version
> Command not found. Install package 'gcc-c++' to provide command 'g++'?
> [N/y]
> [Tanya@localhost
> NAMD]$ cat /etc/issue
> Fedora release 12 (Constantine)
> Kernel \r on an \m (\l)
>
> I hope this information is what you asked me about.
>
> I have Windows laptop and through Sun VirtualBox I got Fedora with Linux
> platform on which I want to run NAMD.
>
>    Is there a way to run NAMD?

If you really want to build it for yourself, you can do as your system
offered and install the compiler package in question. Once you have a
working compiler installed, then you'll be able to compile software
from source.

It might be much easier for you to use the pre-built NAMD binaries,
either for Windows or for Linux. They are linked from

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Development/Download/download.cgi?PackageName=NAMD

More generally, if you encounter an issue with NAMD, the developers
have lots of great support resources listed on their web site:

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/namd/bugreport.html

Finally, when getting help from members of a mailing list, please
address the list on all responses, so that the community benefits from
the conversation.

Phil