charm - Re: [charm] [Charm++] Chare migration protocol

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

Re: [charm] [Charm++] Chare migration protocol

  • From: Orion Lawlor <lawlor AT alaska.edu>
  • To: Andrey Talnikov <a.v.talnikov AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: "charm AT cs.uiuc.edu" <charm AT cs.uiuc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [charm] [Charm++] Chare migration protocol
  • Date: Sun, 23 May 2010 18:44:08 -0800

Andrey, the best paper summarizing our chare array migration and messaging protocol is my 2001 ISCOPE paper:
http://charm.cs.uiuc.edu/papers/ArrayMigISCOPE01.shtml

The implementation of migration and messaging is in charm/src/ck-core/cklocation.C.

Many other aspects are listed in our other papers:
http://charm.cs.uiuc.edu/papers/

Let us know if you have any other questions!