charm - Re: [charm] Multiple inheritance ?

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

Re: [charm] Multiple inheritance ?

  • From: Christian Perez <christian.perez AT inria.fr>
  • To: Phil Miller <mille121 AT illinois.edu>
  • Cc: charm AT cs.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: Re: [charm] Multiple inheritance ?
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 16:15:20 +0200

Good news!

I need it, so if you can do it, I will appreciate.

Thanks.

Christian

On 05/26/2010 04:13 PM, Phil Miller wrote:
It's a limitation in our code because no one's ever asked for me. We
can implement inheritance from 3+ classes easily enough.

On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 09:07, Christian
Perez<christian.perez AT inria.fr>
wrote:
Hello,

inheritance in Charm++ works fine for 1 or 2 chares but it fails for 3
chares.

chare A : B, C, D {} fails because CBase_A is not generated in the decl
file.

If A inherits only of B, the decl file makes use of the template CBase
for declaring CBase_A
If A inherits of B& C, the decl file makes use of the template CBase2
for declaring CBase_A
But for B,C,D, there is no CBase_A!

Did I do something wrong or is there a limitation in the number of
inherited chares?

Thanks!

Christian