charm - [charm] Projections on Cell BE

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

[charm] Projections on Cell BE

  • From: "ion.mironescu" <ion.mironescu AT ulbsibiu.ro>
  • To: Charm <charm AT cs.uiuc.edu>
  • Subject: [charm] Projections on Cell BE
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 17:43:47 +0300

Hello everybody,

Tanks to the quick response from Phil Miller now i have  a functional charm++ distribution on a CellBE blade. Now that my program is compiling and working i want to make a performance analysis trough  Projection. So i have same questions

So first of all

- is there any documentation about Projection and accelerated methods for programs running on Cell BE  other than the article

"Towards a Framework for Abstracting Accelerators in  Parallel Applications: Experience with Cell"  by David M. Kunzman and Laxmikant V. Kalé.

If not then:

- how much from the functionality  presented in article is implemented in the 6.2.0 Charm++standard edition

- is there a special option for tracemode linking or runtime to visualise the timlines (and other statistics) for the SPE-s associated with a PPE (like in figure 6 of the cited article ).  I observed that they are 2 different .sts files but i get only one from the standard  .proj executable.

Tank you very much!

Ion Mironescu

Acest mesaj a fost trimis prin ULBS WebMail (www.ulbsibiu.ro) si scanat contra virusilor cu BitDefender Enterprise for Linux (www.bitdefender.ro).