charm - [charm] Building charm++ on MAC OS with CUDA

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

[charm] Building charm++ on MAC OS with CUDA

  • From: Markus Hartmann <mhartmann AT uclan.ac.uk>
  • To: charm AT cs.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: [charm] Building charm++ on MAC OS with CUDA
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 14:37:10 +0100

Hi Everybody,

my name is Markus Hartmann and I am a PhD student at the University of
Central Lancashire. I am using Nbody simulations to study the formation of
central massive objects and I would like to start using ChaNGa which needs
the charm++ environment.
I am trying to use ChaNGa on my MacBookPro since the new MacBooks have a
small GPU. Is there any possibility to build charm++ so that I can use the
CUDA compiler? There is no version available like
multicore-darwin-x86_64-cuda or net-darwin-x86_64-cuda.
I have not found any explanation how I could build a version by my own. Is
there any way doing this?

Thank you very much for your help!

Regards
Markus Hartmann