charm - Re: [charm] Charm++ & Qt

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

Re: [charm] Charm++ & Qt

  • From: "Kale, Laxmikant V" <kale AT cs.uiuc.edu>
  • To: "Miller, Philip B" <mille121 AT illinois.edu>, "Sanchez, Denis" <dsanchez AT ceit.es>
  • Cc: "charm AT cs.uiuc.edu" <charm AT cs.uiuc.edu>, "kale AT illinois.edu" <kale AT illinois.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [charm] Charm++ & Qt
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 10:41:36 -0500
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US

For a moment, I was confused about what Qt meant: thinking it was
Quickthreads, the user-level threads package.

For what you want, I think a CCS interface is best. Also, take a look at our
existing python and liveviz work as related examples.
(Python: http://charm.cs.uiuc.edu/manuals/html/charm++/3_22.html ,
http://charm.cs.uiuc.edu/papers/PythonScripting.shtml )

Liveviz: http://charm.cs.uiuc.edu/tutorial/LiveViz.htm

--