charm - Re: [charm] Parallel I/O

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

Re: [charm] Parallel I/O

  • From: Filippo Gioachin <gioachin AT uiuc.edu>
  • To: Daniel Langr <langrd AT fel.cvut.cz>
  • Cc: charm AT cs.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: Re: [charm] Parallel I/O
  • Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 13:06:39 -0500

Dear Daniel,

You can certainly exploit the speed of parallel file systems. While in Charm++ there is no direct support for parallel I/O, each processor can perform I/O operations, therefore spreading the reading or writing operations over multiple streams. You can for example use a chare group (or nodegroup) to open exactly one connection per processor. You will have to compute yourself what each object is reading in or writing out.

Regards,
Filippo