charm - Re: [charm] [ppl] Creating a machine layer

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

Re: [charm] [ppl] Creating a machine layer

  • From: Phil Miller <mille121 AT illinois.edu>
  • To: Mikołaj Maćkowiak <mikolaj.mackowiak AT man.poznan.pl>
  • Cc: Charm Mailing List <charm AT cs.illinois.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [charm] [ppl] Creating a machine layer
  • Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 10:04:59 -0500

2010/10/27 Mikołaj Maćkowiak
<mikolaj.mackowiak AT man.poznan.pl>:
> Could anybody help me in creating new machine layer in charm++?
> What functions I need to implement, to make charm++ working, obligatory
> files, etc.?
> I will be very grateful for any help.

Have a look at the tree in src/arch. Each of those directories
describes a machine layer, or common pieces shared among a few layers.

The basic files that you would need to create are machine.c, defining
the functions used to send and receive messages (and some others),
conv-mach.h defining which options and settings the runtime should
use, and conv-mach.sh defining compiler paths and flags.

What kind of machine are you interested in making a new layer for?

Phil