charm - Re: [charm] [ppl] Error running barnes-charm code

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

Re: [charm] [ppl] Error running barnes-charm code

  • From: Phil Miller <mille121 AT illinois.edu>
  • To: Anirban Chatterjee <achatter AT cse.psu.edu>
  • Cc: charm AT cs.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: Re: [charm] [ppl] Error running barnes-charm code
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 11:07:34 -0600

On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 10:59, Anirban Chatterjee
<achatter AT cse.psu.edu>
wrote:
> I compiled charm++ and barnes-charm on a linux cluster. The compilation
> seems to work without an error.
> However, when I try running it on 4 nodes (1 core on each node) then
> only process 0 seems to have the "bodytab" (see the functions
> Main::startSimulation in Main.cpp and ParticleChunk::SlaveStart in
> ParticleChunk.cpp).
> I get a Signal 11 on all other processes other than Process 0 when they
> try to access bodytab.
>
> Also this program runs fine on 1 processor.
>
> Did anyone see this error earlier? I don't know what could be going wrong.

Hi Anirban,

What kind of charm build are you using? net-linux*, or mpi-linux*?

If net-linux, could you show us the charmrun command you used to start
barnes-charm, and the contents of the nodelist file you used?

If mpi, could you show us the mpirun command or equivalent?

Phil