charm - [charm] charm on different OS architecture

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

[charm] charm on different OS architecture

  • From: Mikołaj Maćkowiak <mikolaj.mackowiak AT man.poznan.pl>
  • To: charm AT cs.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: [charm] charm on different OS architecture
  • Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 14:26:36 +0100

Hello,

Is it possible to run one instance of charm++ program on x86 OS, and
another on x86_64 OS?
For example we have two computers, one with 32bit Linux, second with
64bit Linux. We compile our program on each computer and put executables
in identical paths. Next we execute charmrun with node list containing
those two computers. Will it run?
I was testing it and it doesn't run, but I may have some network
problems regarding passing UDP packets, which I can't omit.

regards
--
Mikolaj Mackowiak