charm - Re: [charm] [ppl] megatest failure?

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

Re: [charm] [ppl] megatest failure?

  • From: Phil Miller <mille121 AT illinois.edu>
  • To: Erik <ewmartin AT life.illinois.edu>
  • Cc: charm AT cs.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: Re: [charm] [ppl] megatest failure?
  • Date: Wed, 4 May 2011 17:40:38 -0500

You didn't say so, but it appears that you've built charm++ on top of
the MPI machine layer (based on the invocation of mpirun by charmrun).
Turing uses rjq instead of mpirun to start up jobs. Try using rjq
directly instead of charmrun.

In the slightly longer term, the MPI machine layer does not provide
the best performance. If you're going to be doing many substantial
runs, it would be preferable to build Charm++ as (IIRC)
net-linux-ppc-mx, which will use the myrinet hardware directly.

Or, more easily, I think TCBG offers precompiled binaries of NAMD that
may be suitable.

Phil

On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 14:34, Erik
<ewmartin AT life.illinois.edu>