charm - Re: [charm] [cosmology-ppl] ChaNGA force calculation

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

Re: [charm] [cosmology-ppl] ChaNGA force calculation

  • From: Tom Quinn <trq AT astro.washington.edu>
  • To: Shad Kirmani <sxk5292 AT cse.psu.edu>
  • Cc: charm AT cs.uiuc.edu, cosmology-ppl AT cs.uiuc.edu, Padma Raghavan <raghavan AT cse.psu.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [charm] [cosmology-ppl] ChaNGA force calculation
  • Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 08:23:04 -0700 (PDT)

What softening did you use? Did you use periodic boundary conditions? What bucket size did you use? With so few particles, I would guess that no multipole expansions were used: there would only be a couple of nodes in the tree, and they wouldn't be well separated.

It would be easier to track this down if you provided the param file, the initial condition file, and the command line parameters you used.

Tom Quinn Astronomy, University of Washington
Internet:
trq AT astro.washington.edu
Phone: 206-685-9009