charm - Re: [charm] [ppl] ampi

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

Re: [charm] [ppl] ampi

  • From: Jim Edwards <jedwards AT ucar.edu>
  • To: Abhinav S Bhatele <bhatele AT illinoisalumni.org>
  • Cc: Charm Mailing List <charm AT cs.illinois.edu>, "Kale, Laxmikant V" <kale AT illinois.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [charm] [ppl] ampi
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 16:00:33 -0600

I was able to get it going on the cray using the gnu compilers.   I'll work with that to begin with, thanks.

On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 3:32 PM, Abhinav S Bhatele <bhatele AT illinoisalumni.org> wrote:
Hi Jim,

Can you please e-mail us the charm builds you were using for the two machines and the errors encountered? If you use a mpi build on the AIX machine, you can avoid using charmrun and directly using mpirun/aprun/qsub or whatever launch tool is used on the machine.

For cray, the mpi-crayxt build should automatically use the cc and ftn wrappers. intel or gnu compilers work best on cray machines (and not pgi) so we recommend that people swap modules. With more detailed errors, we can probably track down the exact problems.

- Abhinav