charm - Re: [charm] [ppl] Files sts

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

Re: [charm] [ppl] Files sts

  • From: Phil Miller <mille121 AT illinois.edu>
  • To: Márcia Silva <marcianasare AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: charm AT cs.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: Re: [charm] [ppl] Files sts
  • Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2011 07:21:27 -0700

On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 04:33, Márcia Silva
<marcianasare AT gmail.com>
wrote:
> I am trying use Projections but I can't show the files sts. I do a
> simulation  with IS of benchmark NAS as follow:
> mpicc -o is is.c
> But the files aren't generate.
> What I am doing wrong?

.sts files are generated by running a charm++ or AMPI program linked
with the option '-tracemode projections'. I can't even tell if you're
compiling is.c as plain MPI or AMPI from what you show, and you don't
mention actually executing the binary at all.

Once you have run a program with Projections tracing enabled, the .sts
file just contains metadata. The actual traces will be in files named
is.<processor>.log.

Phil