charm - Re: [charm] [ppl] Support for Fujitsu Compilers and OpenMPI in Charm++ 6.3.2 supplied with NAMD2.8

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

Re: [charm] [ppl] Support for Fujitsu Compilers and OpenMPI in Charm++ 6.3.2 supplied with NAMD2.8

  • From: Phil Miller <mille121 AT illinois.edu>
  • To: David.Grocutt AT uk.fujitsu.com
  • Cc: charm AT cs.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: Re: [charm] [ppl] Support for Fujitsu Compilers and OpenMPI in Charm++ 6.3.2 supplied with NAMD2.8
  • Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2011 13:35:31 -0500

David,

Thank you for submitting these patches; they've been incorporated into
our development version. We're always glad to have another toolchain
that we can work with.

I just have one quick question about the compiler definitions, which
include the option -DCMK_CC_PGCC=1. This activates a couple
workarounds in a codebase for quirks of the Portland Group compiler.
One of those accounts for a bug in their STL implementation in older
releases. The other gives it a definition of offsetof(). Which, if
either of those, does Fujitsu's compiler need? It would good for us to
be able to separate those out, to keep the code at its cleanest.

Phil

On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 02:23,
<David.Grocutt AT uk.fujitsu.com>