charm - Re: [charm] [ppl] CkStartCheckpoint question

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

Re: [charm] [ppl] CkStartCheckpoint question

  • From: Gengbin Zheng <zhenggb AT gmail.com>
  • To: Evghenii Gaburov <e-gaburov AT northwestern.edu>
  • Cc: Esteban Meneses-Rojas <emenese2 AT illinois.edu>, "charm AT cs.uiuc.edu" <charm AT cs.uiuc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [charm] [ppl] CkStartCheckpoint question
  • Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 22:17:48 -0500

It is possible to change some of the readonly variables. You just need
to write your code in the migration constructor to update the
readonly, and the values will be broadcast to all other processors.

Another alternative is to change the pup function of your readonly
variables (assuming non-basics types) to change the value when
unpacking.

Gengbin

On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 9:38 PM, Evghenii Gaburov
<e-gaburov AT northwestern.edu>