charm - [charm] charm vs AMPI

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

[charm] charm vs AMPI

  • From: Evghenii Gaburov <e-gaburov AT northwestern.edu>
  • To: "charm AT cs.uiuc.edu" <charm AT cs.uiuc.edu>
  • Subject: [charm] charm vs AMPI
  • Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2011 16:50:34 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Hi All,

I have been wondering, what is the advantage of CHARM vs AMPI, can I achieve
same level of functionality with AMPI as with CHARM?

I already use Charm for my projects, but I was wondering whether charm's
functionality such as automatic load-ballancing, migration, checkpoints is
also available in AMPI, and whether it is as easy to add it to standard MPI
program that will use AMPI backend?

Thanks!

Cheers,
Evghenii