charm - [charm] Question about AMPI

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

[charm] Question about AMPI

  • From: Xuehan Xu <xxhdx1985126 AT gmail.com>
  • To: charm <charm AT cs.uiuc.edu>
  • Subject: [charm] Question about AMPI
  • Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2011 14:19:57 +0800

Dear sirs:
      I'm trying to run jacobi3D on two machines, say node1 and node2, I run the charmrun on node1, but every time I run it,  the program on node2 reports an error. I debugged it and found that the problem was in the AMPI_threadstart_t.start() function, when running on node1, the fn field of AMPI_threadstart_t point to the "AMPI_Fallback_Main" method, while when running on node2 it points to the "ampiNodeInit" function, but the program on node2 has called the ampiNodeInit function in _initCharm, so when it is called again, the assertion "CmiAssert(AMPI_threadstart_idx==-1)" fails which lead to the error ending of the program.

     However, if I all the jacobi3D processes on the same machine, it would end normally.

     Is this due to some misconfiguration?

  • [charm] Question about AMPI, Xuehan Xu, 11/27/2011