charm - [charm] Load balancing not working on net-linux-smp

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

[charm] Load balancing not working on net-linux-smp

  • From: Laércio Lima Pilla <llpilla AT inf.ufrgs.br>
  • To: charm AT cs.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: [charm] Load balancing not working on net-linux-smp
  • Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2011 12:48:26 -0600

I am having problems with load balancers using net-linux-x86_64-smp on one node. I get the information that the load balancer was created, but it is not called during the execution of the benchmark. Everything works correctly with multicore-linux64. Below you can find a simple example of the parameters that I use for each build.
net-linux-x86_64-smp:
./charmrun +p1 ./stencil4d +pemap 0-2 20 10 50 +balancer StatsLB +LBDebug 1 ++ppn 3 ++local
multicore-linux64:
./stencil4d +pemap 0-2 20 10 50 +balancer StatsLB +LBDebug 1 +p3

StatsLB is a simple LB that I made that prints some statistics related to the load balancing data.
Any ideas of what could be happening?

Best regards,

Laércio LIMA PILLA

PhD Student at Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul (UFRGS)
Email: laercio.pilla AT inf.ufrgs.br or laercio.lima.pilla AT gmail.com
Tel: +55 54 9973 6313
Website: www.inf.ufrgs.br/~llpilla