charm - [charm] Charm++ on Windows

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

[charm] Charm++ on Windows

  • From: Yuri Gribov <tetra2005 AT googlemail.com>
  • To: charm AT cs.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: [charm] Charm++ on Windows
  • Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2011 10:09:45 +0400

Hi all,

I know that Windows is not that widely used for HPC. How well is it's support tested in Charm++? In particular:

1) what Windows versions are expected to work? Anything newer than Win98?

2) what networks are expected to work? Only net (UDP)? What about MPI?

3) Are all standard tests expected to pass?

4) in general, how much pain should I expect when trying to run Charm++ on Windows cluster?

Thanks for your help!

--
Best regards,
Yuri