charm - Re: [charm] build and compile problem

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

Re: [charm] build and compile problem

  • From: Pritish Jetley <pjetley2 AT uiuc.edu>
  • To: hajar siar <hjrsiar AT gmail.com>
  • Cc: charm AT cs.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: Re: [charm] build and compile problem
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2012 14:26:43 -0600

It looks like you have to build the liveViz library. Go to the 'net-linux-smp/tmp/libs/ck-libs/liveViz' directory and run 'make'.

That should solve it.

Pritish

On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 2:31 AM, hajar siar <hjrsiar AT gmail.com> wrote:

Hello

I have a problem with charm. For compiling a program , charmc is unknown. i.e when I use charmc, “command not found” error is appear. Also for making some charm examples such as Molecular example, error1 for compiler is appear, I attached this error on email (picture1).

I think the problem is from my build command, I use this options for building charm++ :

./ build net-linux-smp , and use with production option, without choosing any compiler such as gcc.

In building, some errors appear such: “global-elfgot won’t work properly under smp version: -swapglobals disabled” and such error for “global-elfcopy”. Also some errors in function cpd_memory_get and function cpdMMAPhandler , are appeard. I attached some snapshots of this errors on email( picture 2, 3 and 4 ).

Please guide me for solve my problem.

Thanks a lot for your attention.

Regards