charm - Re: [charm] Regarding creating a charm++ application

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

Re: [charm] Regarding creating a charm++ application

  • From: "Kale, Laxmikant V" <kale AT illinois.edu>
  • To: FBK Karthik <kar.fbk AT gmail.com>, "charm AT cs.uiuc.edu" <charm AT cs.uiuc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [charm] Regarding creating a charm++ application
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2012 03:38:50 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Karthik, thanks for your interest. I don't understand quite what you are asking for, at least trying to follow what you say literally.
What is a "generalized application"?  How can one application make other applications run more efficiently?

If you want to develop an end-user application that has those properties (power efficiency..) --  then we an make a few suggestions.

If you mean to develop another layer on top of charm++ to develop other applications, I want to understand why. One can develop apps on top of charm++ directly. (of course there are reasons for building on top of it, but I'd like to know your specific motivations)

Sanjay

Laxmikant (Sanjay) Kale         http://charm.cs.uiuc.edu
Professor, Computer Science     kale AT illinois.edu
201 N. Goodwin Avenue           Ph:  (217) 244-0094
Urbana, IL  61801-2302          FAX: (217) 265-6582