charm - Re: [charm] [ppl] Summary Statistics in Projections

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

Re: [charm] [ppl] Summary Statistics in Projections

  • From: Abhinav Bhatele <bhatele AT illinoisalumni.org>
  • To: Justin Luitjens <jluitjens AT nvidia.com>
  • Cc: "charm AT cs.uiuc.edu" <charm AT cs.uiuc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [charm] [ppl] Summary Statistics in Projections
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 14:57:44 -0600

Hi Justin,

I am not sure if someone replied to this e-mail. There is a different tracing mode (used by linking with -tracemode summary) which gathers some of the information that you would want (like the avg time spent in each event type).

The projections visualization tool is supposed to be able to view this summary file also but I think it is currently broken. Also, certain views in projections such as time profile present similar information and can be useful. Hopefully someone from the projections group will give you more details.

- Abhinav