charm - Re: [charm] [cosmology-ppl] Tipsy file in ASCII

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

Re: [charm] [cosmology-ppl] Tipsy file in ASCII

  • From: Shad Kirmani <sxk5292 AT cse.psu.edu>
  • To: Tom Quinn <trq AT astro.washington.edu>
  • Cc: charm AT cs.uiuc.edu, cosmology-ppl AT cs.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: Re: [charm] [cosmology-ppl] Tipsy file in ASCII
  • Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2012 12:26:57 -0500

Hello Dr. Quinn,

I used the following code to read cube300.tbin file:

Tipsy::TipsyReader r(filename);
Tipsy::header tipsyHeader = r.getHeader();
int nTotalParticles = tipsyHeader.nbodies;
int nTotalSPH = tipsyHeader.nsph;
int nTotalDark = tipsyHeader.ndark;
int nTotalStar = tipsyHeader.nstar;

The total number of particles when read through the above code is 110592.

When I convert the same file into ASCII, using the bin2ascii utility, the first line mentions the total number of particles as 11534592.

I converted cube300.tbin into ASCII using the following command:

./bin2ascii < cube300.tbin > cube300.out

Thanks,
Shad