charm - [charm] Multiple definition problem

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

[charm] Multiple definition problem

  • From: Laércio Lima Pilla <llpilla AT inf.ufrgs.br>
  • To: charm AT cs.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: [charm] Multiple definition problem
  • Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 16:21:52 +0100

I am trying to add an external library to Charm++ that is used by multiple load balancers. I have no problems when compiling Charm, but when I try to compile an application with common lbs, I have problems with multiple definitions of variables that come from the original library. Any ideas about how to solve this? Compiling the application with --allow-multiple-definition does not help, as g++ says it is an unrecognized option.

Best regards,

Laércio LIMA PILLA

PhD Student at Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul (UFRGS)
Email: laercio.pilla AT inf.ufrgs.br or laercio.lima.pilla AT gmail.com
Tel: +55 54 9973 6313
Website: www.inf.ufrgs.br/~llpilla