charm - Re: [charm] [ppl] megatest fails for ibverbs and --with-production option (charm-6.4.0)

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

Re: [charm] [ppl] megatest fails for ibverbs and --with-production option (charm-6.4.0)

  • From: Gengbin Zheng <gzheng AT illinois.edu>
  • To: Thomas Albers <talbers AT binghamton.edu>
  • Cc: "Miller, Philip B" <mille121 AT illinois.edu>, "charm AT cs.uiuc.edu" <charm AT cs.uiuc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [charm] [ppl] megatest fails for ibverbs and --with-production option (charm-6.4.0)
  • Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2012 10:18:55 -0500

Good to hear that. Looks like our fighting against the stack smashing
protection continues. But I am a little surprised that syscall
swapcontext can fail too with the same error.
We should then include this flag in the current version. Or figure out
a way to check/test longjmp error or at configure time to decide such
a flag is needed or not.
Our nightly build on local machines are on gcc 4.4.3, and so 4.5 and
later and not officially tested.
We should keep some of our machines in lab updated to the latest
version of OS and compilers for testing purpose.

Gengbin

On Sat, Mar 31, 2012 at 8:47 AM, Thomas Albers
<talbers AT binghamton.edu>