charm - [charm] Using TAU with AMPI

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

[charm] Using TAU with AMPI

  • From: Xoan Carlos Pardo Martinez <xoanpardo AT gmail.com>
  • To: charm AT cs.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: [charm] Using TAU with AMPI
  • Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 15:23:31 +0200

I´m interested in making some performance measurements using different MPI
implementations. I´m using TAU as profile tool and AMPI is one of the
implementations i´m interested in.

My question is about the right way to configure/compile TAU to use it with
AMPI. Before building the Tau target in CHARM, is it necessary to compile and
configure TAU to use the commands/headers/libraries in the AMPI directory? If
so, is it also necessary to specify the -charm building option to use CHARM
threads in TAU?

Thanks for your assistance

Best regards
----