charm - [charm] Charm++ does test active IB ports

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

[charm] Charm++ does test active IB ports

  • From: Sergiy Khan <skhan AT ap.smu.ca>
  • To: charm AT cs.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: [charm] Charm++ does test active IB ports
  • Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 18:19:47 -0000

Hello,

I would like to describe a problem that I have observed with Charm++
while running NAMD 2.9b3-ibverbs. It appears that Charm++ does not
test which port is active on an IB device, and always attempts to use
port number 1. As a result, NAMD hangs on hosts where the IB cable is
plugged into port 2. Is there a solution to this problem?

Regards
Sergiy

  • [charm] Charm++ does test active IB ports, Sergiy Khan, 04/12/2012