charm - Re: [charm] [ppl] NAMD Charmrun error on Ranger

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

Re: [charm] [ppl] NAMD Charmrun error on Ranger

  • From: Phil Miller <mille121 AT illinois.edu>
  • To: Aditya Devarakonda <aditya08 AT cac.rutgers.edu>
  • Cc: Eric Bohm <ebohm AT illinois.edu>, Charm Mailing List <charm AT cs.illinois.edu>, Abhishek Gupta <gupta59 AT illinois.edu>, Jim Phillips <jim AT ks.uiuc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [charm] [ppl] NAMD Charmrun error on Ranger
  • Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 15:53:19 -0500

On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 3:48 PM, Aditya Devarakonda
<aditya08 AT cac.rutgers.edu>
wrote:
> For the time being, it might be better for our group to give the SMP
> build a try.
>
> If I understand the nodelist file with charmrun correctly - we would
> need some support from TACC where the machinefile generated implicitly
> for ibrun should be available for charmrun. Is that accurate?

You're correct that you would need to generate the file from the file
TACC's ibrun refers to. However, I don't think you would need TACC
support or any additional effort on your part - we should have the
appropriate bits of script already written. I'll go look for it, but
someone else who works on Ranger more often should be able to find
that first.