charm - Re: [charm] Question for Cray XE/XK

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

Re: [charm] Question for Cray XE/XK

  • From: Eric Bohm <ebohm AT illinois.edu>
  • To: <charm AT cs.uiuc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [charm] Question for Cray XE/XK
  • Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 15:30:59 -0500

You need the Cray XE software stack environment to actually build a Gemini based Charm++.    I would be very surprised if such a thing existed for Mac OS X.

On a Cray XE/XK the target would be gemini_gni-crayxe or mpi-crayxe.

On most Cray XEs you also want to adjust the environment slightly first because the defaults are sub-optimal, or arguably broken (from our perspective, PGI is not a good default).

module swap PrgEnv-cray PrgEnv-gnu
module load rca
module load craype-hugepages8M