charm - Re: [charm] [ppl] Question regarding OpenAtom + load balancing

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

Re: [charm] [ppl] Question regarding OpenAtom + load balancing

  • From: Esteban Meneses-Rojas <emenese2 AT illinois.edu>
  • To: Laércio Lima Pilla <llpilla AT inf.ufrgs.br>
  • Cc: "charm AT cs.uiuc.edu" <charm AT cs.uiuc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [charm] [ppl] Question regarding OpenAtom + load balancing
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2012 10:02:55 -0500

My understanding is that OpenAtom does not really have dynamic load
imbalance. The initial object placement in OpenAtom takes care of any
load imbalance. That may be the reason OpenAtom does not contain calls
to the load balancing framework.
People form the OpenAtom group can confirm this statement.

On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 9:39 AM, Laércio Lima Pilla
<llpilla AT inf.ufrgs.br>

--
Esteban Meneses
PhD Student

  • Re: [charm] [ppl] Question regarding OpenAtom + load balancing, Esteban Meneses-Rojas, 06/04/2012