charm - Re: [charm] [ppl] new potential user questions

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

Re: [charm] [ppl] new potential user questions

  • From: Abhinav Bhatele <bhatele AT illinoisalumni.org>
  • To: Gengbin Zheng <gzheng AT illinois.edu>
  • Cc: "charm AT cs.uiuc.edu" <charm AT cs.uiuc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [charm] [ppl] new potential user questions
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2012 23:32:48 -0700

Also, there have been no efforts to cmakeify charm so far.

- Abhinav

On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 9:31 AM, Gengbin Zheng <gzheng AT illinois.edu> wrote:
Hi,

 There was an effort to make Charm++ working under VC++ IDE, however,
it was more than 7 years ago!
 The difficulty I think is VC++ requires a different sets of
makefiles, see Makefile.win32 for an example. Since we switched
completely to Cygwin-based make system to be consistent with other
UNIX-based build environment, those windows makefiles have never been
maintained since then. So it is quite out-dated.

Gengbin