charm - Re: [charm] MPI Build of Charm++ on Linux Cluster

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

Re: [charm] MPI Build of Charm++ on Linux Cluster

  • From: "Kale, Laxmikant V" <kale AT illinois.edu>
  • To: "Wang, Felix Y." <wang65 AT llnl.gov>, "charm AT cs.uiuc.edu" <charm AT cs.uiuc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [charm] MPI Build of Charm++ on Linux Cluster
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 12:22:42 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Clusters like cab are very much supported (and are in use for apps such as NAMD) by Charm++.  We will look at the issues that you describe.

BTW: is the net-smp build ok? Running Charm++ on top of MPI is not the best option in terms of performance, especially if an implementation on top of a lower layer (udp, ibvrbs) is available.

--
Laxmikant (Sanjay) Kale         http://charm.cs.uiuc.edu
Professor, Computer Science     kale AT illinois.edu