charm - Re: [charm] Running barnes-charm

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

Re: [charm] Running barnes-charm

  • From: Pritish Jetley <pjetley2 AT illinois.edu>
  • To: Junchao Zhang <jczhang AT illinois.edu>
  • Cc: charm AT cs.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: Re: [charm] Running barnes-charm
  • Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 10:09:20 +0530

I presume you've downloaded and compiled the code. To generate input
data sets, do "make plummer" and "make tipsyPlummer". Then, do the
following:

jetley@resilience:~/work/benchmarks/barnes$
./plummer 0 1238 dataset.dat
jetley@resilience:~/work/benchmarks/barnes$
./tipsyPlummer dataset.dat
dataset.tipsy.tbin

The first command generates a Plummer model file with 1238 particles.
The zero you see on the command line is to tell the program to write
out a file named "dataset.dat". Of course, you can give any name to
the Plummer model file.

The second command converts this file into Tipsy format.

To run, set the following:

* -in=<input Tipsy file name>
* -killat=<iterations>
* -p=<num tree pieces>
* -ppc=<max particles per tree piece>

The product of p & ppc should be about 1.2-1.5 times the number of
particles; otherwise, you will get an error message telling you that
the simulation was started with too few tree pieces; if this happens,
set -p to the value suggested in the error message.

Let me know if you run into trouble.

Thanks,
Pritish

On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 4:47 AM, Junchao Zhang
<jczhang AT illinois.edu>