charm - [charm] AMPI and Projections

charm AT lists.cs.illinois.edu

Subject: Charm++ parallel programming system

[charm] AMPI and Projections

  • From: Xoan Carlos Pardo Martinez <xoanpardo AT gmail.com>
  • To: charm AT cs.uiuc.edu
  • Subject: [charm] AMPI and Projections
  • Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2012 15:49:55 +0200

I´m trying to visualize AMPI performance information in Projections using the ping-pong example in charm++ directory tree.
I compile with ampicc and link the program with -tracemode projections and -tracemode summary options and after executing
it with 2 vps on 2 physical nodes I got the .log and .sts files. I open the files in projections and some tools work fine (e.g. timelines,
usage profile, ... ) but other tools don´t show any information at all: function tool shows axis only and AMPI Usage Profile shows
black canvas.

I´ve used the ping-pong example as it is, I mean without adding any _TRACE_XXXXX_FUNCTION_XXXXX function call. Am I missing
anything?

Regards,

Xoán C. Pardo

  • [charm] AMPI and Projections, Xoan Carlos Pardo Martinez, 10/09/2012